Friday 3 January 2014

Canadian Freebies (samples) for Pregnant Women

Finding out you are pregnant is one of the most joyous times in a mother's life.  Then, eventually, you need to think about all of the things that you need to get for baby.  Some people get loads of stuff at baby showers, others are not so lucky.

Regardless of which you are, all babies are unique and require different products for their own skin type, digestive track and even personality.  

Thus, it is always good to get as many sample products as possible (in my opinion) so that when baby arrives he or she will have the best products on the market for their own needs.

I had to scour the web for hours in order to grab all of the deals offered to expectant mothers.  Sadly, a lot of them were for our American neighbours only - but I did manage to get a good list of companies that also send packages out to Canadians:

Seventh Generation Coupons

There is no sign-up or request for this one, but I knew others had got things from them.  I simply emailed the customer service department asking them if they could send some samples so that I could try their product since I am expecting a child.  I provided them with my mailing address and expected due date.

Their reply:

Hi Kristal,

Thanks for writing to us.

I just dropped some coupons in the mail for you. Hopefully these can help you find the best products for your home.

We appreciate your support, please let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Customer Service
Seventh Generation

So, I am looking forward to some coupons :).

You can get in contact with them by clicking their logo above.  It will take you directly to the contact us form I used.



Well.ca Baby Club

Well.ca Baby Club.  I buy a lot of stuff from Well.ca, I love their site and they always ship to me super fast.  I already had an account, so I just added the Baby Club to it.  In order to sign up, simply sign up for a Well.ca account and make sure that the Baby Club radio box is clicked in your subscriptions on your account.

The Baby Club offers money off of everyday baby items such as diapers, bum cream, baby food, etc.  This cycles every week or so.  They are also supposed to send a kit.  When I receive mine I will post pics of what I got.



Enfamil Family Beginnings


Sign up for Enfamil Family Beginnings and receive a goody bag with over $130 worth of savings and samples.  I believe most of the savings are simply for Enfamil, but I will definitely post more information when I receive my bag!



Nestlé Baby Program

These guys send out quite the goody bag, which includes an actual diaper bag and awesome stuff.  I used Goodstart Formula with Baby A and got this pack.  This was the first program I signed up for when I found out I was pregnant again.

Their website says that there is over $130 in savings (which I believe) as well as this:
     
  • An infant formula sample and other infant nutrition samples
  • Stylish diaper bag with change pad
  • The Nestlé Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ Baby Feeding Guide
  • Customized emails with tips, online tools, and videos
  • Exclusive savings and more!

Be aware that they do not send these out immediately due to some of the products having expiration dates.  They will send it closer to your due date.  If you don't receive it within a month of your due date, just fire them off a quick email - they usually reply withing a day or so and are super good about it.

Pics when I receive mine will follow :)


Similac Club

Even if you don't intend to use Similac or even formula, it is definitely worth it to sign up for these.  Keep the coupons and the goodies and give the (expensive) formula to a mother in need!

















Canadian Mother's Resource (CMR)

Not only is this a GREAT resource site for Canadian mothers, when you sign up they will send you off a goody pack it seems.

"As a CMR Member you get:
Free Promotional offers and samples from some or all of our Partners
  • Samples from Huggies as well as other information and coupons.
  • Samples from Similac as well as other information and coupons.
  • New Member features added continually, including our upcoming bulletin board for Members."
They ask for your address, so hopefully I get a pack and not just emailed coupons.  We shall see.  Regardless, the site is awesome and you should definitely sign up either way!





MAM Club

The MAM Club.  Something I would have never found if I hadn't done some (extensive) looking around.  Luckily, it accepts Canadian addresses as well,  which I was also super excited about.  Hopefully they will ship the goodies to Canada (since they accepted the Canadian address...)

Become a MAM member now & enjoy benefits

Your benefits in the MAM Club: Vouchers & promotions, competitions, product tests and your very own personal pregnancy & development calendar...exclusively for MAM Club members.
Will post pictures when/if I receive the package :)





Hydrasense


Hydrasense is a saline solution for nasal congestion.  They have a whole line for babies.  Join the Dolphins Club in order to get free samples and coupons.











Sears Gift Registry/The Waiting Game Club

 
Okay, so despite my love of everything free I will admit that I almost didn't do the Sears registry thing again.  Last time, I completed my registry online and then was hounded by the women at Sears Fredericton (Regent Mall) for what seemed like weeks for me to go in do some more.  I was working at the time and super swollen and irritated.  I did eventually go in, just so they would stop calling.  This time I will be preemptive and go in immediately.

Their goody bag last time I did this was pretty awesome.  A bib, some soothers, coupons and a couple of sample diapers.  The best thing was that they provided me with a coupon for a free photo session and package ($125+ value) which allowed me to get the first pictures of Baby A and our first family pic free of charge.  That alone was almost worth the hassle.  I hope they still do that.

The Waiting Game Club is pretty cool.  Basically, you guess the date your little one will be born (sorry girls, no planned c-sections are permitted).  If you guess correctly:
"If the last valid predicted date registered is the exact date of your baby's arrival, you will be issued Sears KidVantage Waiting Game Club Apparel Merchandise Coupons in the net amount of the total purchases"
UPDATE: Got my bag from Sears.  It was actually just a file folder.  They took out the portrait studio in the Fredericton Sears so no portrait coupon.  Also, absolutely no samples or coupons.  Just basically an information packet.




Babies 'R Us

Go INTO the store (not online) and create your registry.  It is pretty fun, you get to play with one of those lazer-gun-things.  They will give you a big bag of stuff.  I have to admit, I was more impressed with Baby A's bag from them, but I guess it depends on what time of year you go in.

I don't have any pics but I got the following in my bag:  reusable disney bag (what everything was in), 2 newborn diaper samples, soother sample, bottle sample (forget the brand), nursing pads, 4 issues of Today's Parents and various coupons/pamphlets.  I may be forgetting something, but it was a pretty good haul.





Johnson and Johnson


Unfortunately, no simple form to sign up for Johnson and Johnson.  Click on their logo to the left and it will take you to a contact us form.  Simply fill out all of your information.  Let them know you are expecting and request a "Free Baby Sample Pack" or "Free New Parent Pack".  They will ship you a small pack of travel size Johnson and Johnson baby things like shampoo and bum cream.




Shopper's Optimum v.i.b.


I don't exactly have a link for this one.  You needed to have or sign up for a Shopper's Optimum card - which you can do online if you have a printer or in-store.

Once you have your optimum card, you can (again) sign up for the v.i.b. (very-important-baby) program in-store or online.  After which, you will get a pretty neat box in the mail.

I got the following:  a large coupon book for extra points on baby items, $10 off Huggies Newborn or Size 1 diapers (I ended up paying $2 for my newborn diapers!), Huggies Newborn Diaper Samples, Playtex Drop-In bottle, Skinfix diaper cream, nursing pads, Aveeno daily lotion travel-size, Aveeno baby lotion travel-size, Johnson and Johnson travel-size body wash & Mustela body wash travel-size. 

 I must admit, I was impressed.





Sobeys' Pharmacy: Baby Be Healthy Program

You can go into the store (if there is a pharmacy) or sign-up online for this program.  I signed up at the Oromocto Sobeys.

I have heard of some people getting goody bags, I never received one.  It may be based on limited quantities or per store.  

I signed up because you get FREE prenatal vitamins for up to 2 years.  

Yup, you heard right - FREE.  Just go in and pick them up once a month.  Better than paying the $25 a bottle I was doing before.  Definitely worth it.





Jean Coutu

I have yet to try this one since my printer is out of ink.  Apparently, if you print the voucher off (click on the pic for the link) and take it into Jean Coutu they will give you a free starter kit for New Moms.   I am not sure if the Jean Coutu in Fredericton is participating, but it can't hurt to try :)   

Let me know if you successfully get one!







Huggies Snug-Ride Program

I don't know much about this program.  I mainly cloth diaper after 2 months (they wear disposables overnight).  I don't think Huggies sends you any samples, but I believe there is the Rewards program that you can save up points.  You earn points inside every box/bag of Huggies that you buy.






Pampers

I know even less about the Pamper's points program than I do about the Huggies one, since when we have to use disposables we use Huggies.  I believe that it runs much in the same way as the Huggies one and that you get your points in the boxes/bags of diapers you buy.








Have any of you received any of these goody bags?  What did you get?  Do you know any other Canadian Freebies that I can add?  Sound off below!


No comments:

Post a Comment